Up Close and Sculptural
Partners in Art
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Entries Due: January 30, 2020
On View: March 5 – May 7, 2020
Minnetonka Center for the Arts’ Partners in Art Program at Ridgedale Center (12401 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN)
Up Close and Sculptural, a curated selection of small-scale sculpture celebrating the vitality and variety of Minnesota sculptors’ work, displayed in covered vitrines throughout the common areas of Ridgedale Center. Up Close and Sculptural is presented as part of Minnetonka Center for the Arts’ ongoing art partnership with Ridgedale Center, Partners in Art.
Artists are invited to submit up to ten (10) pieces of original sculpture.
Eligibility: Open to artists residing in Minnesota.
Submissions must be received by Jan 30, 2020. Notifications of acceptance will be made by email by February 6, 2020.
Intake of accepted work February 6 – 20, 2020.
What to Enter:
- All types of sculpture and techniques will be considered
- Works must be original, executed by the artist, and completed within the past 5 years
- All work must be for sale. The art center will retain a 40% commission on sales of work by MCFTA members and a 50% commission on sales of work by non-members. Artists need not be members of MCFTA to apply or exhibit.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a cohesive body of work and to submit the full 10 pieces, as the goal is to present a group of work by each exhibitor rather than single pieces
- Submitted pieces must be no taller than 28″
Apply by email to email@example.com, or send application materials on a flash drive to the Minnetonka Center for the Arts, ATTN: Bowman, 2240 North Shore Drive, Wayzata MN 55391. Submissions must include image list specifying the medium, size, and retail price of each piece. Include an artist’s statement and/or CV/resume.
Works must be ready to display, stable and structurally sound.
Work will be insured by the Art Center from the time of delivery through pick-up.
Delivery and pick-up of accepted work is the responsibility of the artist. Entries submitted by mail or delivery service must include prepaid return shipping label.
JANUARY 30, 2020
FEBRUARY 6, 2020
Notifications by email
FEBRUARY 6-20, 2020
MARCH 5 – MAY 7, 2020
On view at Ridgedale Center
Contact: Bob Bowman
952-473-7361 x. 170