February 7 – March 5, 2020
Opening Preview on February 6, 6 – 8 pm
Any student (age 16+) who has been enrolled in an Art Center class between January 1 and December 31, 2019, may exhibit. One piece may be entered per series class or workshop taken (lectures and sampler classes are not eligible), up to a maximum of two pieces per student. (Please note that the same class taken multiple times with the same instructor counts as one class.) Entries must reflect the medium and the purpose of the class taken.
What to Enter
- All media, 2-D and 3-D, except installation and video, will be considered.
- The maximum height, width or depth per entry is 72 inches.
- Works must be original and completed within the past year.
- Work done under instruction must be executed solely by the student.
- Kits are not allowed.
- Work exhibited in previous Art Center shows will not be accepted.
Free for all students!
There are two inventory tags on the call form (download form here). One tag must be completed (both halves, do not separate!) for each entry.
To ensure accurate show labels for your work, please write legibly and make sure tags are easily readable. Attach the completed tag to the hanging wire of a 2-D piece or the bottom of a 3-D piece of work.
Sales & Reproduction
The Art Center will retain a commission on all sales of work: 40% for Members, 50% for Non-members. Consent to reproduce works for publicity and/or educational purposes is assumed unless specifically refused in writing.
- All artwork must be ready to display.
- 2-D work must be dry, framed (or gallery wrapped canvas with finished edges) and securely wired for hanging.
- 3-D work must be stable and structurally sound.
- Acetate or shrink-wrapped work will not be accepted.
- Deliver your artwork with inventory tag complete and attached.
Work will be insured by the Minnetonka Center for the Arts from the time of intake through pick up.
Deliver Work (see Requirements) to the
Laura H. Miles Gallery at the Art Center
Thursday, January 23
11 am – 7 pm (FIRM)
Pickup your artwork on Saturday, March 7
10 am – 2 pm (FIRM)
Contact Robert Bowman (952-473-7361 x. 170)
- Delivery and pickup of all work is the responsibility of the artist.
- Entries submitted by mail or delivery service must include prepaid return shipping labels.
- At delivery, cleaning up and disposing of all packing materials is the artist’s responsibility.
- The Minnetonka Center for the Arts is not responsible for loss or damage of artwork not picked up on time.
- No storage is available after pickup date.