MAKING THE PERFECT COLLAGE
A One-Day Workshop with artist Jon Neuse
WORKSHOP MATERIAL LIST
I’m looking forward to meeting and working with you as we explore together the dynamics designing and making collages. Here is a list of materials you need to bring to the workshop. We’ll work throughout the 6 hours of the workshop, so be ready to learn, think and make art!
If you have any questions about the workshop email me at email@example.com.
- Base Paper: Strathmore 300 Series Bristol Pad (Vellum Surface) 20 sheets 11″ x 14″ (we can cut this paper down to the sizes you want to work with.
- Collage materials: Bring any materials you may want to work with, for example:
Colored construction papers, any paper materials you can cut or tear, photos (original, scanned, photo-copied), magazines, posters, books, newspapers, music papers, lace, other fabrics, wood, found objects, string, ribbon, etc. Anything that can be glued onto the base paper, etc.
- Cutting Utensils: Good scissors. pinking shears, wallpaper knife
- Cutting surface: Self-healing cutting board
- Straight Edge for tearing and measurement
- Liquid Media: Acrylics, India ink, and pens, ballpoints, markers, etc.
- Non-liquid Media: Soft or oil pastels, pencils, needle and threads, crayons, graphite, etc.
- Glues: Mat (not glossy) acrylic gel, glue sticks, Tacky Glue, Gorilla glue for heavier objects
- Studio materials: A variety of inexpensive brushes, butcher paper or a palette, quart-size container for water, a roll of paper towels, etc.