MINNETONKA CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Internship Opportunity: High School Students
High School Art Education Intern
Eligibility: Seniors, at least 18 years of age at the time of internship
The Minnetonka Center for the Arts is a non-profit community based organization providing instruction in the visual arts. Founded in 1952, the Art Center has been offering community and educational access to Minnesotans throughout the western suburbs, Twin Cities, and beyond.
In the belief that the visual arts are indispensable to a healthy community, it is the mission of the Minnetonka Center for the Arts to provide teaching excellence, quality exhibitions and cultural enrichment for people of all ages, interests and abilities.
Minnetonka Center for the Arts provides:
- Educational visual arts programs for all ages and abilities. Classes and workshops introduce students to the history, techniques, materials and processes of the visual arts through hands-on, interactive experiences.
- Community programs include school and organizational partnerships, children & teen classes, kids, family and multigenerational workshops, Art Center tours and private lessons.
- Summer Arts Camp provides visual arts opportunities in all media throughout the summer to children ages 5-15.
- Special Events in which members of the community can participate in visual arts activities, educational opportunities, view exhibitions and take part in artist talks and lectures.- Exhibition Spaces which exhibit art work created at the Art Center, locally and nationally.
Art Education Intern description:
The Minnetonka Center for the Arts is looking for high school interns who will work with Art Center instructors, teaching assistants and the Children & Youth Program Director to prepare and execute visual arts classes to children ages 5-15 through our educational and community programs.
Art Education Intern(s) will be expected to:
- Assist in the preparation of materials and project examples for classes
- Assist in the preparation, set-up, and clean-up of classrooms
- Assist in providing high-quality instructional support to students
- Assist in overseeing the safe use of the studio, materials, and equipment during classes
This internship is for seniors, at least 18 years of age at the time of the internship at the art center. Internships hours can take place anytime during regular Art Center hours. Students with some visual arts experience are preferred, but it is not necessary. Interns are expected to show dependability, initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to learn. Interns must also have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others. Interns must have reliable transportation.
2019 Summer Arts Camp start and end dates:
June 10 through August 23, 2019
Summer Arts Camp classes take place 9:00am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Morning classes are 9:00-noon; LUNCH BREAK; Afternoon classes are 1:00-4:00 p.m. Classes are 3 hours long and run 1-10 days in length depending on the age group and medium.
For more info:
If you have questions or would like to schedule a visit please contact Nicole Buchholz, Children & Youth Program Director at 952-473-7361 extension 190 or email email@example.com.