France, Eileen – Pastel Landscape
Current Class Material Lists
- PASTELS – 60 or more
Mix hard and soft pastels. Nupastels are a good hard pastel. Softer pastels suggested are Rembrandt, Unison, Girault or Schminke. Any others you have should be fine. Hobby Lobby has an inexpensive set if you are a beginner. Buy the most you can.
- PASTEL PENCILS – two or three for sketch. I use dark blue.
- PAPER – Canson Mi-Teintes pastel paper – grey or tan – 6 sheets
I use various pastel papers for almost all my work , but it is more expensive.
- FOAM-CORE – 2 pieces – to protect artwork
- MASKING TAPE – preferably black. Make sure it is easy to remove from paper.
- BOARD – Firm surface to attach paper to and give support. I use either corkboards or gatorboard.
- GLASSINE – Used to protect work while transporting.
- WIPES – To clean hands.
- CAMERA – To take photo of your work as you go along.
- PHOTOS – You may bring photos YOU HAVE TAKEN to work from if you prefer. Do not bring any published photos.
Love the Art Center? Please spread the word :)