Minnetonka Center for the Arts’ Partners in Art Program at Ridgedale Center in conjunction with NCECA
On view March 15 – April 19 at Ridgedale Center
Clay. Here. Now. A curated selection of ceramic art, including both functional and sculptural approaches, celebrating the vitality and variety of Minnesota ceramic artists’ work, displayed throughout the common areas of Ridgedale Center. Clay. Here. Now. is a concurrent exhibit associated with the National Council on Education in the Ceramic Arts Conference (NCECA) in Minneapolis and is listed in the official NCECA program.
- Artists are invited to submit up to ten (10) pieces of original ceramic artwork, functional or sculptural.
- Eligibility: Open to artists residing in Minnesota.
- Submissions must be received by Feb 11, 2019. Notifications of acceptance will be made by Feb 18, 2019.
- Intake of accepted work Feb 20 – 27, 2019.
- What to Enter:
- All types of ceramic media and techniques will be considered
- Works must be original, executed by the artist, and completed within the past 5 years
- Work previously exhibited at the Minnetonka Center for the Arts is not eligible
- All work must be for sale. The art center will retain a 40% commission on sales of work by MCFTA members and a 50% commission on sales of work by non-members. Artists need not be members of MCFTA to apply or exhibit.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a cohesive body of work and to submit the full 10 pieces, as the goal is to present a group of work by each exhibitor rather than single pieces.
- Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send application materials on disc or flash drive to the Minnetonka Center for the Arts, ATTN: Abstract Show, 2240 North Shore Drive, Wayzata MN 55391. Submissions must include image list specifying the medium, size, and retail price of each piece. Include an artist’s statement and/or CV/resume.
- Works must be ready to display, stable and structurally sound.
- Liability: Work will be insured by the Art Center from the time of delivery through pick-up.
- Delivery and pick-up of accepted work is the responsibility of the artist. Entries submitted by mail or delivery service must include prepaid return shipping label.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call 952-473-7361 ext. 170 for further information