2019 Faculty Show Call for Art
Show dates: September 3 – 27, 2019
Reception: Thursday, September 12, 6 – 8 pm
Delivery of artwork: August 19 – 24 during summer building hours
(M, W, F 9 am – 4 pm / T, Th 9 am – 9:30 pm / Sat 9 am – 1 pm)
Artist-Instructors of the Minnetonka Center for the Arts
Eligibility: If you taught an adult series class or workshop during the past academic year – September 2018 through August 2019 – or if you have an adult series class/workshop offered in the Fall 2019 MCFTA catalog, you are eligible to have your work included in this show.
- Each Artist-Instructor may submit up to four (4) artworks for exhibition.
- Pieces already exhibited at MCFTA are not eligible.
- All work must be for sale.
- Art should be delivered to the office upstairs; I will move it into the gallery throughout the week. This way you may deliver when it’s convenient for you, and the gallery can remain secure. If you have large work and would prefer to deliver it directly to the gallery, please email me at email@example.com.
- All work must be identified with labels, which will be available for you in a packet on my office door during the intake period. Please fill out both halves of a double tag for each piece – one piece stays with the artwork while the other is removed and used to make labels for the show, so, yes, we need both halves filled out!
- Exhibit contracts will also be on my office door during the intake week for you to fill out and sign.
- To make this show more educational for visitors and to provide prospective students with insight into what they could learn from you in a class, please include a statement about your work. Print it so it’s ready for display or, if you’d like me to print it, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your statement could include an artist’s statement, a description of the processes or techniques involved in the work you’re showing, and/or some words about the relationship between your art and how/what you teach. No resumes! Limit it to a paragraph or two. Make it accessible and inviting to read – or they won’t.
I hope you’re all looking forward to an opportunity to display your work and promote your classes in the upcoming Faculty Show. As instructors, we set our own work aside in order to help others learn. This show focuses on the art you make, as well as advertising your classes.
The reception for this show will be Thursday, September 12th, 6 – 8 pm. We hope you’ll take this opportunity to meet potential students, art buyers and other members of our faculty. Please plan to attend.
This exhibit is one of the best ways for you to show our students and visitors what you do and what they might learn from you as an instructor. We see this exhibit as a great way to promote the quality of the Art Center’s programs and its Artist-Instructors. We’d also like our students and visitors to think of this show – indeed, our exhibits in general – as a source of buyable art and fine craft. For this reason, all artwork in the Faculty Show must be for sale.
I’m looking forward to exhibiting your work!
Robert Bowman, Exhibits Director